- Push Notifications extension was initially implemented using
- The Enhanced Push Notification uses the Token-based approach which simplifies the overall process of implementation for a developer and does most of the heavy lifting for you.
- This transition involves changes in the front-end code of your app.
- Most of the complex code of registering and unregistering to topics has been removed and replaced with one method to register the FCM Token with the extension.
- You may release a new app having the Enhanced Push Notifications implementation. But your user base won't update the app at the same time.
- In such a scenario, we give you the flexibility to use both versions of Push Notifications at the same time until all your users are on the latest version of your app.
- Once you are confident that all the users of your app are on the latest version, you can use just the token-based push notifications
- Login to CometChat Pro dashboard and go to Push Notifications extension settings and under "Version and related settings", set the Extension version to
V1 & V2.
- Release your app with the new implementation by following the respective platform-specific guides to start using Enhanced Push Notifications in your app:
Updated 9 months ago
Did this page help you?